Wednesday, February 14, 2024

A Level Portfolio... flipping the coin!

Introduction

Hey everyone! Happy Valentines day! 

I am so excited to being my A Level Media Portfolio Project. A problem I had last year was that I did not have any ideas for what to do, but this year I am full of ideas! 

I decided to work with Isa and Lucas. We work well together and have done several projects together this year! Once we figured out our group, we had to decide which project to choose.


Flipping the coin

After reviewing the options, I wanted to do the documentary, Isa wanted to do the trailers, and Lucas wanted to do the short film. Despite all of us having different ideas, it did not become a problem since we knew we were going to enjoy the process for any of these options. Lucas and Isa did NOT want to do a documentary, so we decided to flip a coin to decide between the trailers and short film. Since my option got ruled out, I flipped the coin. Heads for short film, tails for the trailers. It landed on...

Short film!

It landed on heads! We immediately starting discussing what genre we wanted to do for the short film. Lucas and I are set on producing a horror film. Isa agreed, despite her hatred and fear of the genre. We want to do a slow burn horror, rather than a fast action one, we felt a slow pace makes it feel creepier. We looked at a couple of short films on YouTube for inspiration and talked about Isa being the actor because she gets frightened easily. We know we are going to use a handheld camera, film in the darkness, have one main victim/ subject and one "scary" person, but we are still figuring out more specific details concerning the plot. Updates coming soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

The episodic documentary, "Make it Happen," works to develop a better understanding of immigrant’s experiences in the United State...