Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Mari the Musician

As we began the editing process, she realized the cleaning shots at the beginning were too slow, so we need to go back and film more. We had expected this would happen from the beginning, but we wanted to make sure before we went back to film. 

Today, Brooke and I got together to film some more cleaning shots. We had the idea of filming Amelia dusting the fan which turned out to be tricky. Both Brooke and I are short people, so I had to find Brooke a tall chair to stand on. As for me, I found a chair, but it still wasn't tall enough, so I had to balance it on the bed. We were both scared for our lives, but we were already in too deep to stop, so we took our chances. Here's a video of us balancing:



After being scared for our lives we decided to take a snack break. I made chicken and french fries!
Me being a master chef


We spent most of the time filming, but we also discussed music for our opening. Brooke and I have been putting off picking out a song since... well... day 1. After we started to edit, we realized we needed to get on that ASAP, so we began to look for non-copyrighted music. We found nothing. I jokingly said to Brooke that I could make the song for our opening and started playing some random chords on my not so tuned guitar, but Brooke actually liked it, so we stuck with it. She recorded it, so here it is:



After this, we added the audio file to our editing software. Here's a picture of our editing process after adding the sound: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

The episodic documentary, "Make it Happen," works to develop a better understanding of immigrant’s experiences in the United State...