Monday, December 11, 2023

YAY EDITING... Something I've never said...

Now that we had all of our footage, it was time to edit the documentary. Lucas, our editor, was in Europe at the time, so Isa and I took the lead on the actual editing and Lucas helped us order the shots. Since Isa and I are less experienced editors, we figured it would be easier to include direct interviews rather than indirect, we felt the documentary would flow better. It took us two days to edit the documentary. 

Once we “finished” editing, I realized we had just been calling it “the documentary,” so we figured it probably would be pretty important to give it a name. I came up with “Make it Happen” and the team really liked it. Honestly, this was the fastest we had all ever agreed on something. We felt the name fit the theme of starting a successful business despite a language barrier very well. I was happy with how the documentary turned out. The pacing was a little slow and if we could go back in time I would have added a voice over, but I really loved the interviews with Javier's daughter and mother, and I thought the content and b-roll was amazing.


Here is our final result!! Hope you like it :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/100uzmmHBf8HlapxBrwUtOcQ7NHuCf-rW/view?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

The episodic documentary, "Make it Happen," works to develop a better understanding of immigrant’s experiences in the United State...