Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Best Video Editing?

Hey everyone!

Over the course of the past 2 years, I have used 3 editing softwares: DaVinci Resolve, iMovie, and Adobe Premiere Pro. I’m weighing the pros and cons of each before deciding which to use for this project. 

This Zapier article ranks Adobe Premiere Pro as the best, DaVinci Resolve as the second best, and iMovie as the last. The article provides a chart explaining what each software is best for, it's standout feature, and the price. Here it is:


I like that DaVinci has a generous free option and has two different workflows for editing, so I am considering it as an option. Throughout my experience using it, I have noticed it crashes and freezes less than Adobe Premiere Pro which is a definite pro. However, Adobe Premiere Pro had everything one could possibly need in a video editor. iMovie is simple to use, but it's too simple, and it is ranked last, so I'm removing that as an option.


DaVinci Resolve vs. Adobe Premiere Pro

Redress Compliance states that Adobe Premiere Pro is better for extensive collaboration while DaVinci is favored for its advanced color grading. Since this is a group project, Adobe Premiere Pro's collaboration feature has won me over. I would love for us to all collaborate on the editing, even though Lucas will be taking the lead.


CHOSEN SOFTWARE: Adobe Premiere Pro


Once we finish filming this Friday, we’re going to spend spring break editing (next week). Updates coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

The episodic documentary, "Make it Happen," works to develop a better understanding of immigrant’s experiences in the United State...