Friday, February 24, 2023

Better Together!

Today Ms. Stoklosa put us in groups to talk about our film opening. After she created my group she told us "I put you all together because I knew you still needed to flesh out your ideas." This proved to be true which is what made it so hard for us to begin to discuss. We all felt a little lost in some way. 

Tai went first. She told everyone about her idea for a psychological thriller. Josh had some trouble understanding the idea and told her to put it in "10 words." I found it funny that he gave her a word count, but then he changed it to a sentence. Tai responded with "history repeats itself." I thought this was a good exercise. 

Cyrus then told us about his idea for a boxing movie, but he was worried his idea was too basic. He wanted to add something different than you would see in other similar movies like Creed. He was also having trouble planning out his shots. He wanted to do a fight scene, but thought it would be hard to film. We told him they usually rely on camera techniques, so I hope that gave him a starting point. 

Josh wanted to make a movie about a basketball players life and his injury. He expressed that he did not know where to film. I told Josh that he could ask HOSA for permission to film there since they have hospital beds, so we were able to help him with that. He also had an idea of including a message about school shootings in his openings, but we all thought that would end up being one of those plot points that's left underdeveloped, so we suggested he leave it out or focus more on it. 

I spoke last. I shared my idea with the group and expressed how I was having trouble deciding on an idea. Most of my time up to now has been trying to solidify our idea, but we finally did. Since the idea was relatively new the group didn't have much to add, but they seemed to like the idea. 

Here is a picture of our group!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

The episodic documentary, "Make it Happen," works to develop a better understanding of immigrant’s experiences in the United State...