Monday, February 13, 2023

Coming of Age Opening??

 

The First Day

Today in class, we were shown a Nearpod explaining how to write these blog posts. I never really understood why we wrote them. I felt that there were other ways to document our process, but as I opened the Nearpod, one of the first slides was "why blogging?" Ms. Stoklosa has proven on several occasions that she does everything for a reason and this was no exception. After going through the Nearpod, I have a newfound respect for blogging. This forum is the best way for me to document everything I will brainstorm, research, and produce. So, without further ado, welcome to first brainstorming post. 


A New Idea and Partnership

One day later, we have come up with an entirely different idea. Before last class, I had an idea for my intro project, but I was not set on it. It required breaking a heel and ruining a perfectly good dress shirt, so I thought I'd pass on that. I had no idea what I wanted to do for this project, but I knew I did not want to work alone. 

In our media class, we have done SO MANY PROJECTS and I have worked with a handful of new people, but my favorite partnership was with Brooke. We did the sound project together. I figured we should work together for this too, so while we were in class... literally in front of each other... I texted her and asked if she knew what she was doing. As I expected, she had no idea. I shared with her my old idea and we decided against it, so with half an hour left of class, we began to brainstorm... over text for whatever reason... We listed some genres thinking it would help, it didn't, but it was worth a try.


Our process consisted of us giving a brief outline of ideas for the portfolio project. The class was dead silent and we were laughing so hard at some of our ideas, they were ridiculous to say the least, but about 15 minutes and six ideas later, we came up with a coming of age movie. 


The picture above details the roughest of rough drafts of our idea. It's about a girl who is out past her curfew and comes home late. Her mother gets upset, expresses concern about her behavior, and grounds her. The girl gets mad about it and the intro ends with her looking out the window thinking about sneaking out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

The episodic documentary, "Make it Happen," works to develop a better understanding of immigrant’s experiences in the United State...